There's nothing to eat! The common catchcry of teens
There's nothing to eat! The common catchcry of teens.
Written by a member of the closed Exploring Teens Facebook group
On our return from a long day and night out, we had complaints of how hungry our children are. It seems there was no food in the house.
To put that in perspective ......
2 x 19 yr olds
1 x 17 yr old
These teens also have:
- a car provided,
- woolies gift cards with money on them bought specifically for food and petrol
- their driving licences (two of them)
- a 15 minute walk to the local Woolies, or about a 5 min drive.
All know how to cook and in particular our 17 yr old has done hospitality at school and worked in a cafe as apprentice chef.
In the house there was:
- 1/2 loaf of bread (but it isn't white)
- packet of tortilla wraps
- cruskit crackers
- eggs, cheese, ham, tray of chicken schnitzels (uncooked), lamb mince (uncooked)
- Grapes, rockmelon, peaches, plums, apples + canned fruits
- Potato, sweet potato, onion, carrot, broccoli, mushrooms, eggplant, variety of canned and frozen vegies, lettuce, tomato, cucumber
- Rice, pasta cous cous, Quinoa, vermicelli, 2 min noodles
- Variety of canned and frozen foods, breakfast cereals.
Growing in the garden are herbs: Mint, parsley, basil, rosemary + lemon grass and Kaffir lime
Please report me now to DOCS for starving my adult children!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Exploring Teens closed Facebook group is a peer support group for parents/carers of teenagers. It's an amazing group of non-judgemental and supportive people coming together to provide:
1. A community for parents/carers of teenagers to freely share and discuss issues that relate to this particular aspect of our parenting journey. Support and empathy is what we require, not judgement.
2. An insight and understanding as to what parents of teenagers are after in terms of products and services.
3. Sharing of knowledge/information useful to parents/carers of teenagers